Old March 31st 08, 04:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Default MP4 video files crash Windows Explorer - Need Help!

With your solution, though, you would still have a broken/buggy codec on
your system which may crash in other ways later. As painful as any given
crash is, you have the interesting ability here to talk to people like me
here who can help you maybe actually identify that broken codec - swg.dll in
Jefferd's case - which means that you would still be able to use your system
fully as opposed to having disable system functionality simply because you
accidentally installed buggy software onto the system. =)

I enjoy helping systems work fully and excellently. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Edward" wrote in message

"zachd [MSFT]" schreef in bericht

What's the fault information for this crash according to the Problem
Reports and Solutions Center control panel?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
will help you look that up if you don't know how.

This sounds like you're using a buggy MP4 codec that has a bad thumbnail
extractor.

the same goes for mov files (in my case), which can be solved as I
described.