ReadyBoost??

Old July 13th 07, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles Harris

Default ReadyBoost??

hello i bought a patriot 2.0 2gb flash drive to use just for readyboost, i
formated it with both fat32 and ntfs but it tells me that "this device dose
not have the required performance charateristics for use in speeding up your
system" what could be the problem thanks.

Old July 13th 07, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

The drive you purchased does not meat the speed requirements to implement
ReadyBoost. Search Google for ReadyBoost Drives.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Old July 13th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Charles;
The drive may not meet the requirements.
Even different drives from the same manufacturer will vary in
performance.
Is that drive advertised as Ready Boost capable?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old July 13th 07, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

You did not get a fast enough fast drive. See the following.

http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/arch...02/615199.aspx

Old July 13th 07, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Charles,

Not all flash drives are made sufficiently speedy to support ReadyBoost.
The message you are getting tells it all. You can use that flash drive for
general purposes, but go ahead and replace it with one that indicates that
it's ReadyBoost capable.
--
freddy