Recommended Graphics Card

Old August 14th 07, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hrz

Default Recommended Graphics Card

i have some problem with my notebook...
im using acer aspire 583wxmi.... it come with nvidia 7300 hybrid graphic
card...
the problem is sometimes the screen brightnes fading suddenly and there is
also alert on the tasktbar saying that the graphic card did not working...
can anyone help me.....
Old August 14th 07, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Have you downloaded and installed the latest nVidia drivers?

What is a "hybrid" graphics card? Do you mean on-board?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 21st 07, 05:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kill_CMOS

Hello Mike,. I am currently using an nVidia 7900 GTS XXX card, and have no
problems running Vista, or Aero. I have seen it online recently, it is still
available, but you can get an 8600 GT XXX for 119.99 after rebate on Tiger
Direct right now.
( 139.99 before rebate ) {{ Link at bottom }} It has support for
DirectX 10 the next Gen nVidia GPU but I'm not gonna lie to you, this card
only has HALF the Bandwidth ( @ 22.4 GB per Sec ) of my 7900 GTS XXX @ 44 GB
per Sec. BUT it does have DX 10 Support and the next gen Graphics GPU from
nvidia. It has 32 Stream processors ( new improved " Pixel Pielines " if you
will, and 256 Mb of GDDR3.
Core Clock = 620 Mhz
Mem Clock = 1600 Mhz
Shader Clock = 1190 Mhz
32 Stream Processors
So it's not a bad card. My HP Laptop has the nVidia 8400GS Chipset and it
runs Vista Quit Nicely.

( 8800's have 96 - 128 Stream Processors and 320-640-768 Mb of GDDR3 Mem,.
but are 400.00 or Higher ) So,. it all depends on what YOU need the PC to
do, and how well you want it to do it. ( NOTE ) Keep in mind, you also
will need to find drivers to make your card work for Vista if you go with an
older card. Shoot me an email if you have any ?'s. I hope this is helpfull
to you. l8r

{ Link }
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...838&CatId=1560

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

The score of 2.1 means that it is not the all time greatest ever, BUT does
it do the job?

If it is doing all that you expect of a video card, why change it?

"Ross Brunton" wrote in message
Afternoon Everyone,

Ive tried posting here before without much success but I hope someone will
take the time to help me out here. Im trying to find a recommdended, good
value graphics card for my PC.

Im Running Windows Vista Ultimate and my current graphics rating according
to the advisor in Vista is 2.1 for my graphics card.

I have 2GB of RAM
250GB HDD
An Asus M2N32-SLI Delux Motherboard
With an AMD Athlon 64X2 5000+ processor (2.6GHz)

I mainly use the PC for graphics and web design, I dont play games.

I dont know where to start or which cards to choose, if someone could help
me out I would appreciate it.

If you need more info, please ask.

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Old August 21st 07, 06:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kill_CMOS[_2_]

[ edit ] nVidia Geforce 7900 GS XXX 256Mb GDDR3/ 256 Bit/ 600/1600 44Gb Per
Sec Mem Bandwidth.

System specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13Ghz ( 4 Mb L2 Cache ) OC'd to E6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
2 Gigs DDR2 @ 667 Mhz
nVidia Geforce 7900 GS XXX 256 Mb
Dual SATA 160 Gb HDD's
Dual 16X DL DVD-RWs
MSI P6N 650i SLI Mother Board
Ultra Case w/ very good cooling.
end

Old August 21st 07, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

Well Guys I just recently bought the 8800 GTS (for $225 at Comp USA) and I
love it...Flys throughany application that I throw at it... But latly I ahve
been getting the BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure... could this be caused
by lack of suffient system power?

Is any one else experencing this problem?

John

"Captain Roberts" wrote:

Ross, your best bet is to choose a graphics card that is Directx 10 capable,
and thus preserve your investment.

Old August 22nd 07, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Admiral

"Captain Roberts" wrote:

Ross, your best bet is to choose a graphics card that is Directx 10 capable,
and thus preserve your investment.

Hey Guys! I have a question!

How do you share your System RAM with Your Video card RAM with Vista?
Old August 28th 07, 06:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

yep...tried both the one form microsoft and from nvidia, and the beta
driver...still get the BSOD.