Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Playing games on Dual Monitors?

Old July 14th 07, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Helpmeplease!!!!

Default Playing games on Dual Monitors?

Hi, I had a simple question that I just can't find the answer to. I have two
monitors, a 32" LCD and a 19" CRT. I am running a dual monitor setup
(extended desktop) and I want my primary to be the CRT and secondary the LCD.
I know how to do that.

However, what I wanted was to play my games in the LCD, but everytime I try
I can't get them to play in the LCD. They always play in my CRT. The only way
to play is to use my LCD monitor as a primary, and I do not want to do that.

Is there a way to get the games to play in your secondary monitor?

PS- I'm running vista 32Bit
Old July 14th 07, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Spirit

Can't you reduce the screen size of game and drag to other monitor? I can
here.

"Helpmeplease!!!!" wrote in
message ...

Old July 16th 07, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy

"Helpmeplease!!!!" wrote in
message ...

"Spirit" wrote in message
Can't you reduce the screen size of game and drag to other monitor? I can
here.

It depends on the game, some games don't let you go to "Windowed Mode" and
move the window around and on a lot of systems your primary monitor
(Assuming you're using 2 different connections on the SAME video card) has
the majority of your graphic processing power, and the secondary monitor is
just there for basic use like extended desktop stuff.

If you have a really powerful video card then you might be able to do this
on SOME games, but MOST games that use DirectX you have to run on your
Primary monitor.

Short Question: Is there a way?
Short Answer: Depends on the game, but usually No.

Old February 11th 10, 04:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Coryrbk

On just a bout all of my games i have i can window them.. as a matter of
fact, out of about 18 games or so everyone i have got windowed ones like
MW2 and COD4 those were more difficult though because they didnet give
the option i went into my profile folder and put in the cfg_map or
something like that /r_fullscreen 1 (sorry for spelling guys )

--
Coryrbk
Old March 15th 10, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
kuwlij

Helpmeplease!!!!;381845 Wrote:
Hi, I had a simple question that I just can't find the answer to. I have
two
monitors, a 32" LCD and a 19" CRT. I am running a dual monitor setup
(extended desktop) and I want my primary to be the CRT and secondary the
LCD.
I know how to do that.

However, what I wanted was to play my games in the LCD, but everytime I
try
I can't get them to play in the LCD. They always play in my CRT. The
only way
to play is to use my LCD monitor as a primary, and I do not want to do
that.

Is there a way to get the games to play in your secondary monitor?

PS- I'm running vista 32Bit

Hey!
I've been having the same exact dilemma!
I've been looking for some kind of software that can allow you to choose
which screen to play a game on, even if the game doesn't support it from
in-game options.

I think.. the ONLY way i see this being done feasibly is to have some
kind of launcher that changes the primary display to the 32" screen
before launching the game, then resets back the settings once you exit
the game.

i'm sure someone with basic programming skills can devise this kind of
app!?
... anyone?

--
kuwlij
Old March 21st 10, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
niemiro

kuwlij;1241872 Wrote:
Helpmeplease!!!!;381845 Wrote:
[...]

There is no really easy way to do this. The only way that it could
feasably be done would be to pass keyboard signals to the computer, to
open up Display Properties and make the necessary changes, all through
the automated keyboard.

Richard

--
niemiro

If you are expecting a response from me, and do not have one
within 24 hours, PM me.
Old March 22nd 10, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
kuwlij

niemiro;1244139 Wrote:
kuwlij;1241872 Wrote:
Helpmeplease!!!!;381845 Wrote:
[...]

You're thinking as in some kind of macro playback thing?.. hmm.. well
since my post I tried fiddling about with a program called Ultramon. a
feature of this prog is that it can save a kind of customized display
setting to a file which changes to it upon double click (or run).. so
what i did was set 2 profile settings, one with TV as primary then
another with 19" monitor as primary.. then in notepad typed in something
like this:

c:\(path and filename to TV as primary)
c:\(path and filename to game exe file)
c:\(path and filename to monitor as primary)

save this as a .bat file and use it as a launcher of the game you wanna
see full screen on the TV :-D

i guess, this is the closest we'll ever get.

--
kuwlij
Old March 23rd 10, 05:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
niemiro

kuwlij;1244689 Wrote:
niemiro;1244139 Wrote:
kuwlij;1241872 Wrote:

[...]

The problem is that there is no official API for the job. Some people
have reverse engineered an API, but these go out of date and are often
riddled with bugs. I will look into that program and see how it works.

Richard