Meida player 11 shows video as 0 seconds long

Old July 14th 07, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Bios Nova

Default Meida player 11 shows video as 0 seconds long

I have a couple of videos that play fine in mediap layer, but the players tel
me they are 0 seconds long and i cannot navigate through those videos.

Is there any way to fix this?
Old July 15th 07, 01:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zeroneff

some how yes.
try to re-instal the software and click repair in the instalation options or
re-install it.
if this dose not help you come back here..
good luck

Old August 9th 07, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

What file type? This is usually indicative of either file corruption or
metadata corruption within that file. How were these files acquired? If
you have a "download-to from file sharing services" folder set up as a
monitored folder, WMP will scan the just created file, which would result in
bad metadata being populated. There's tools within file sharing apps to
avoid this ("Use temporary names" or that sort of thing).

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old December 16th 09, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
vahnx

I am having the same issue in Windows 7 with Windows Media Player 12,
only with avi files I have burned on DVD. Yes this is an old thread, but
the issue remains.

--
vahnx