HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one

Old July 14th 07, 09:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
1mooreirish

Default HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one

When I attempt to install printer software to enable scanning capability, I
receive an error message stating that the software not compatible with my
computer's operating system (Windows Vista) and instructs me to "upgrade" to
Windows 2000 or XP. Is Vista not backwards compatible to XP for this purpose?
Old July 15th 07, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

In article ,
1mooreirish wrote:

When I attempt to install printer software to enable scanning capability

Have you downloaded and is it the VISTA full feature software for this
device that you are installing and get that message for?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=439488&lang=en

» HP Full Feature Software and Drivers

03-2007 080.001.237.000 - 163.07M

It is very important when you install a USB connected device to follow the
instructions carefully. There's a wonderful illustrated document at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?
docname=c00410143&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem= mp-47754-
1&os=2093&product=439488&rule=29006&lang=en

on how to install and it is vital to note:

Step six: Connect the power cord

Connect the power cord to the printer and to a wall outlet.

CAUTION: Do not connect the USB cable until prompted to do so during
software installation.

If you do connect the cable too soon VISTA will mess things up trying to
install its own less complete drivers and probably not scanning.

Before you reinstall the software you should uninstall any HP Photosmart
Software that appears in Add/Remove Programs -- see this HP document with
a note on shared files:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?
docname=c00420417&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=43948 8&dlc=en&lang=en

Do this with the printer completely shut down and disconnect the USB cable
at the PC end.

Go into Control Panel Printers and delete any Icons there for the printer
and go into Fax and Scan and delete any icons there for the All in One
functions. Then reboot the computer.

When you are ready to reinstall the software right mouse click on the file
you downloaded and select Run as Administrator.

Good luck!

Old July 17th 07, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
JMM

I currently have the HP PSC750, which also comes with the Photosmart
software. I ended up not installing it since it is not needed to make the
printer work with Vista. The printer should work when plugging it in. I never
played with the scan button on the scanner, so I admit to not having that
working. To do a scan, I start "Windows Photo Gallery" and then go to File,
then "Import from camera or scanner". You printer should show up here.

HP may also have updated software, but last time I looked they did not. Good
luck.