Old April 3rd 08, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

Default Low Disk Space in Recovery "D" Vista OS

"davidjchuang" wrote in message

Mike Hall - MVP;670674 Wrote:
"davidjchuang" wrote in
message

Mike Hall - MVP;668880 Wrote:

This forum is for people to help and learn from one another.
Criticism
is counter-productive at best. If you disagree with my idea, point
out
the flaws of my idea, so that we can all learn. If you have a much
better way to solve Mart's pressing problem, a way a "beginner" can
understand and follow, tell him, so that he can benefit from your
wisdom. So far, you have done none of the above.

--
davidjchuang

Then you should look a little harder because I did give advice to the
OP.

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

What advice ? What makes you think he knows what is " one touch backup
solution "
What makes you think he knows how to do backup to cds?
What makes you think he knows how to "remove" files? What makes you
think he knows how to tell which file is which?
Does the word BEGINNER means anything to you? Forgot how it was when
you were one of those --- beginner ?

--
davidjchuang

A visit to any decent computer store will reveal the identity of a one touch
backup solution. They come with backup software.

An external USB hard drive enclosure will also be found at the store, and
can be a cheaper alternative to the one touch type..

Backing up with a CD/DVD burning utility is covered in the utility's help
files, very often in the form of a video tutorial..

The best person for identifying the names of backed up files is the person
who created them..

OK. What you NEVER do is compress a recovery partition. In fact, it is not a
good idea to compress ANY partition..

You explained your machine configuration, but there is a 99% chance the the
OP's machine configuration is not the same as yours, so any attempt to
follow what you said would end up in total confusion..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..