Old April 3rd 08, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
davidjchuang[_126_]

Default Low Disk Space in Recovery "D" Vista OS

Bob;670773 Wrote:
Mike's advice was spot on.

The problem with your "advice" is it came off like you really knew what
you
were talking about but it was totally wrong.
It's good that you're willing to give advice but you need to do a
little
research before you do. i.e. The Recovery Drive should NOT be used to
store
any files. It only has one purpose which is to restore to factory
condition.
------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying
to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
'How to ask a question' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375)

"davidjchuang" wrote in
message

Mike Hall - MVP;668880 Wrote:

This forum is for people to help and learn from one another.

Criticism
is counter-productive at best. If you disagree with my idea, point

out
the flaws of my idea, so that we can all learn. If you have a much
better way to solve Mart's pressing problem, a way a "beginner" can
understand and follow, tell him, so that he can benefit from your
wisdom. So far, you have done none of the above.

--
davidjchuang

Thank you, Bob.I am not trying to be arguementative, please tell me
what is the difference of the following : --
Mike said " Whatever backup program you were running has looked for a
drive other than the boot drive, but unfortunately has tried to stuff
the files into the small amount of space needed for the recovery drive
---"
I said " D: local drive is where my laptop uses for "files backup----"

Mike said " In the meantime, remove any files that you have backed up
into your recover partition ---"
I said " You can delete files you don't want ----". By that I meant the
files that were backedup to the D: drive. I never imply putting/adding
files into the D drive.

I did say right from the start that my OS is home premium, and that I
have 2 hard drives ; OS (C system drive, and D: local drive. My "
files backup " always go to D: drive. Furthermore, I said in no
uncertain term that if his OS is same as mine ---.
So, please tell me where was I totally wrong. I am geniunely eager to
know.

--
davidjchuang