Help! Lost audio in a Vista Home to Vista Ultimate upgrade!

Old July 15th 07, 04:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bbsstmez

Default Help! Lost audio in a Vista Home to Vista Ultimate upgrade!

Can anyone help? I was running Vista Home Premium (32 Bit) & upgraded to
Vista Ultimate. After the upgrade I lost 2 key components. One of those
being my audio. I went to Dells web site. The list an audio driver
"Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver" which is Vista 32 bit compatable.
I downloaded & installed it but still no luch. There is a little red x in
the tray on the bottom left of my screeen which when clicked says "no audio
output deviceis installed". I went into device manager which lists my sound
card as "Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec" which is listed as working.
I am not very computer savy & out of my league, any further suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Old July 15th 07, 05:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

Try Deleting your Sound Card in Device Manager - Reboot
Sound Card will be refound and then make sure you have
latest Vista Driver installed.

Old July 20th 07, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Georgie Porgie Puddin' and Pie

Fantastic! I had the same problem with a day old laptop when upgrading from
Vista small business to Ultimate, followed your instructions and, bingo, we
have sound. Thank you

Old July 22nd 07, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Marcus

Check out the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/

Old September 22nd 07, 02:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
celtic princess

I have the exact same error with a Gateway NX 860XL laptop. I tried this and
the sound card was re-installed however I still get the message "No audio
output device is installed".

Old September 29th 07, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
K_Drive

This worked for me, too. I have a Dell Inspirion. I just upgraded from Vista
Home Basic to Premium. The sound didn't work after the upgrade. I was very
happy to find this fix. I deleted the Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio
Driver in the Device Manager and restarted. I was very happy to hear that MS
startup chord and not see the red X over the speaker icon when my computer
restarted.

Old October 4th 07, 03:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Marie

I had vista basic and upgraded to ultimate. I had the same thing going on
and just deleted mine. getting ready to restart my computer

Old October 18th 07, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

i can't find a sound card. It says no audio device installed. BUT i did
find sigmatel audio is that it? I have a Dell Inspiron E 1505...

's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=33248
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=783742

http://forums.techarena.in

Old June 6th 08, 02:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jola

Excellent Spirit! Thank you so much. This worked like a charm on my
vaio.

--
jola
jola's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51089

Old June 6th 08, 05:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:11:25 +0530, jola
wrote:

Excellent Spirit! Thank you so much. This worked like a charm on my
vaio.

The post you are replying to appeared 11 months ago.

DAMN those web-interfaced forums!