Old April 3rd 08, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bob

Default Low Disk Space in Recovery "D" Vista OS

What "smiling faces"?

You may be correct that /your/ /D drive/ /on/ /your/ /laptop/ is not a
recovery drive. It is not however, as far as I can tell a separate hard
drive or a bootable drive. It's a partition on a single hard drive and both
C and D occupy the same physical drive. Therefore, using the D partition for
backups is not a good idea because if your hard drive crashes you will not
be able to access your backups. Mike's advice would apply to you as well.

Regarding your statement: "I said in no uncertain term that if his OS is
same as mine"
This is where you made a mistake. It's not a question of the OS. It's a
question of the hardware configuration of the OPs computer.

"davidjchuang" wrote in message

Bob;670867 Wrote:
I don't understand what you are saying.

You claim to have two hard drives neither of which is removable. Did
you
install an additional internal hard drive? I think you are referring to
the
recovery partition as a separate hard drive which it is not. The
recovery
partition is on the same physical drive as C: drive.

"davidjchuang" wrote in
message

Bob;670773 Wrote:

Thank you, Bob.I am not trying to be arguementative, please tell me
what is the difference of the following : --
Mike said " Whatever backup program you were running has looked for a
drive other than the boot drive, but unfortunately has tried to stuff
the files into the small amount of space needed for the recovery
drive
---"
I said " D: local drive is where my laptop uses for "files
backup----"

Mike said " In the meantime, remove any files that you have backed up
into your recover partition ---"
I said " You can delete files you don't want ----". By that I meant
the
files that were backedup to the D: drive. I never imply
putting/adding
files into the D drive.

I did say right from the start that my OS is home premium, and that I
have 2 hard drives ; OS (C system drive, and D: local drive. My "
files backup " always go to D: drive. Furthermore, I said in no
uncertain term that if his OS is same as mine ---.
So, please tell me where was I totally wrong. I am geniunely eager to
know.

--
davidjchuang

No, sir, I did not. It came that way. I click Computer, and the window
will show :

Hard Disk Drives (2) ________________

(Icon here) OS (C ( showing total GB, and how many left )

(Icon here) Local Disk (D ( showing total GB, and how many left)

Devices with Removable Storage (1) ____________

(Icon here) DVD RW Drive (E

That's how I will see. I'm sorry, I have no idea about those smiling
faces, I did not do it.

--
davidjchuang