Old April 7th 08, 12:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David P.

Default New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007

Download the free standing installer:

This business about the driver issue with SP1 seems to me to be a bit
overdone. You may just have to reinstall a few drivers.

"These drivers do not follow our guidelines for driver installation and as a
result, some beta participants who were using Windows Vista and updated to
Service Pack 1 reported issues with these devices. Because the issue was
with the way the drivers were installed and not the drivers themselves, the
solution was simply to reinstall the drivers."

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...vista-sp1.aspx

I had to reinstall my Synaptics Touchpad drivers.

You could do the same with your Realtek drivers.

Have a go at it.

"180pilot" wrote in message
But, Microsoft says you need newer version then 6.0.1.6242 from Realtek.
The
only one I saw on Realtek site, I just downloaded is 6.0.1.5591, and
Update
won't let me have SP1???????

"Henry Bobenslob" wrote:

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

It is now April 2008. Either your post is out of date, or you entered
the
wrong date?