USB mouse stop working after Vista home premium sleeps

Old July 16th 07, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JohanB

Default USB mouse stop working after Vista home premium sleeps

Hi
Every time my Vista Home premium goes to sleep, and I 'wake it up', the USB
mouse doesn't want to move anymore. If I right click, the menu comes up, but
the cursor stays put.
Any fixes for this out there?
Old July 16th 07, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
roman modic

Hello!

"JohanB" wrote in message ...
Hi
Every time my Vista Home premium goes to sleep, and I 'wake it up', the USB
mouse doesn't want to move anymore. If I right click, the menu comes up, but
the cursor stays put.
Any fixes for this out there?

Maybe this one:

Regards, Roman

Old July 17th 07, 06:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
roman modic

Hello!

"JohanB" wrote in message ...
Thanks Roman, I guess the hotfix they refer to is the one I need.

Maybe this one:

BTW, the build above is 6.0.6000.20579.
Bellow are new USB drivers (version 6.0.6000.20622)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936515

HTH, Roman

P.S. You can google search for new Vista USB drivers with:
usbd.sys vista site:support.microsoft.com

Old March 3rd 09, 06:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bcomnes

I am having the same exact issue. I am on vista ultimate. Neither of these
fixes worked (does not apply to system).

Super annoying and If I keep doing this I am gonig to wear out the USB port
on the back of my brand new motherboard!'

Is this a vista issue? I presume so since the mouse buttons still work.

Old March 3rd 09, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bogey Man

"JohanB" wrote:

Hi
Every time my Vista Home premium goes to sleep, and I 'wake it up', the
USB
mouse doesn't want to move anymore. If I right click, the menu comes up,
but
the cursor stays put.
Any fixes for this out there?

This sounds like a driver problem to me. My usb mouse will wake almost
immediately after Vista Home Premium X64 wakes from sleep mode.

You might want to check the CMOS and Power setting areas of Vista Home
Premium to see how the computer is set to wake from sleep.

Good Luck