change os language

Old July 17th 07, 09:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
meme

Default change os language

I live in spain but english speaking. have bought new computer with Vista
Home Premium in Spanish (they told me in the shop i could change the language
online....) got office 2007 in english and ultimate in english as well. would
like to have computer in english as well. any ideas as to how to accomplish
this? it truly is a glitch in the system!
Old July 17th 07, 09:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Richard G. Harper

Changing languages is only supported in Vista Ultimate Edition, no other
consumer-available version supports this.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

Old July 17th 07, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
meme

so i shall go back to the shop and give them their product back, as it was a
scam!
thanks for the support! :-)

Old July 17th 07, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
WBurchnall

John, the language packs are only a feature of Ultimate. If you use a
home premium copy and check windows updates, the alternate language
packs won't show up. It will only show up as an available download if
you are using Ultimate.

Similar to how the Dreamscape Preview only shows up as an available
download if you have Ultimate.

--
WBurchnall

Old July 17th 07, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
P. Di Stolfo

Hello,

here is something that looks like the English LIP:
http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...8fa5229875.exe

(found at:
http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache...de&lr=&strip=1)

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

Old July 17th 07, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
John Barnett MVP

If you are buying PCs abroad they will usually come with the 'local'
language pack, in your case Spanish. If the PC comes pre-installed with
Vista Ultimate (which is doubtful) you have no problem because you can
install an alternative language pack. Unfortunately, Home Premium and the
other versions of Vista don't have this option. To change language packs the
PC needs to be running Vista Ultimate.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

Old August 18th 07, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
sailor

Hi all,

My case is the opposite and I was told by a microsoft person that Ultimate
and Business you can change the language back and forth, but that with Home
Premium you get to chose it only once. Even for pre-installed options.

Im living in the USA and I wanted to buy a laptop with Spanisnh OS for my
mother who lives in Spain... Havent done it yet, since I am not convinced
with their answers... but I called them twice and that is what tehy told
me....

DO you know anythings else about it??

Thanks.