Old April 7th 08, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

Default 2.5 Hard Drive Enclosure Driver CD FOR XP NOT VISTA

" wrote in message
Hi this is gonna sound very stupid but I ran over my laptop but managed to
save the hard drive and put it into a Hard drive enclosure which came with
cd. I used the cd on xp/2000 and it worked fine (except I couldn't see any
of
my much needed files for some reason) any way I tried to install the cd on
my new laptop (vista) and it said

THIS PROGRAM JUST CAN RUN ON WINDOWS 98/WINDOWS 2000 BELOW SP3

How can I get it to work? When I plug the usb for the HD the computer
installs the drivers but there is nothing in my computer so I can't access
anything on the hd.

PPPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEE HELP ME.
This hd has over seven years of pics on it please help me.

The enclosure with a working hard drive installed into it should work
without the need for drivers.

If you can't see your files, and couldn't when the enclosure/drive was
attached to an XP/2000 machine, your hard drive may well be dead, i.e files
gone forever..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..