Old April 9th 08, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Technoman2k

Default Can't delete files or folders in Vista

After unistalling some software I proceed to make sure the folder and files are actually gone. In many cases they are not, when I go to del them I get the message I don't have permission. After reading pages and pages of things to try to no avail I decided to pull out my magic disk. What you need is a bootable CD with a virtual OS that can read NTFS drives. I believe linux has one also. I used my old ERD commander 2005 disk. Booted up and opened explorer and blasted the files and folders into never never land. Took 5min.

technoman2k