Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Administration block when installing from CD

Old July 18th 07, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Alan

Default Administration block when installing from CD

Hi,

I'm trying to set up broadband at home on my mums new laptop (Windows
Vista). I've popped the CD into the drive and I'm getting told I have to be
logged in as administrator, strange I thought as the account I'd set up for
her already had admin rights. So I decided to right click and run as admin,
unfortunately the 'run as admin' option didn't appear in the list!!

I'm stumped and annoyed after several hours of trying to sort this out!
Nothing in the manual either..
Old July 18th 07, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Alan

What are you right clicking on?

When you insert the CD, if the program auto starts, click exit. Open Windows
Explorer and click on the CD drive. There should be a file there called
setup.exe, install.exe, or something similar. Right click that file and you
should see the run as administrator option.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old July 19th 07, 08:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
arindam_km

hi alan how r u u did awsome job u resolve mine issue last time mailed
thanks a lot
Old July 19th 07, 08:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
arindam_km

hi ronnie wats doing well i was waitying for u r reply i called up last tiome
Old July 23rd 07, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Alan

Ronnie,

That was the problem. I was right clicking on the CD and not the .exe. file
itself "D'oh!"... The CD now runs fine. Thanks for your help.

Alan Thornton

Old July 25th 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Alan

Great! Glad you got it sorted.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old December 15th 07, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Scott

Default Administration block when installing from CD and default programs

I am having a similar prob with most programs. I ahve tried everything I
know. It says when I try to make things default or install things it "cannot
be run as administrator" (you need admin privileges to run this progam). Or
in the case of changing the default program it says "I am no the
administrator or power user". I have tried running as adminstrator but that
does mot work either. It is getting me really peaved (and other expletives)
when noone seems to want to help, without money grabbing and i cant install
programs especially my printer!!!! I am not a computer dummy but this has got
me stumped....please help!?!?!