High Definition Audio Driver

Old July 25th 07, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Default High Definition Audio Driver

Although, in my experience, you can have two audio adapters installed and
working fine in the same computer, in your case I would first go into the BIOS
and DISABLE the on-board audio adapter.

Then go into Control Panel Device Manager and UNINSTALL (not disable) the
Audigy card and, if offered, check the box to REMOVE THE DRIVER FILES.

Next, go to Control Panel Programs and Features, and uninstall the Creative
Audio Console.

Reboot.

Download the Vista Audigy drivers to a folder on your desktop:

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...=0 &x=28&y=12

Right click on the download and check Unblock, Apply, and OK.

Run the driver file

REBOOT

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Aaron844" wrote in message
news

Hey guys, ive spent the last 48hrs trying to find someone with this problem
and finally here it is.
I'm having the exact same problems but instead mine is an Audigy SE Card
which im getting a yellow exclamation mark in vista home prem. Also is this
mysterious high def audio controller which also has the yellow icon. Both say
code 12 could not find enough resources for this device. Ive tried disabling
and enabling each and no success. Ive tried all drivers from both the realtek
guys and creative and asus bios is updated.
Is the board not supported for Vista? P5VDC-MX Asus board. Do i really have
to replace the motherboard which i dont want to have to do just to get sound
working?

Old July 29th 07, 07:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Herman Christiani

Hi, after wasting a lot of time trying to get the sound working with several
driver up