Old April 12th 08, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
t-4-2[_10_]

Default Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector;679958 Wrote:
If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs,
locks or pauses.

If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes
it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the
system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also happens
frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it.

I have quad 2.4 intel.
4gb ram
Vista ultimate 32 bit
mx510 through USB.

Mouse seems to work on my laptop and other desktop and both are XP.
I d/led the newest drivers for the 510 and I have scoured the net for
info on my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm quite sure you have a wireless mouse. I'm even more sure
that you had installed the optional update "Other hardware hid non-user
input data filter".( It's for wireless mouse & keyboard. You need that
for Vista.) Which leaves ; have you tried using a different USB port ?

--
t-4-2