Vista - ICS error msg

Old February 23rd 10, 08:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
rocketero[_3_]

Default Vista - ICS error msg

@ Dany F Barnes
Man, you are a life saver, just right on the money by enabling Windows
Firewall through services.msc.

I saw this thread and people at the beginning like 2 and a half years
ago.

peace !

--
rocketero
Old May 28th 10, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Paul Sutton

Default ics error message

I have been pulling my hair out for days trying to get this to work and finally saw your solution and got it working straight away. THANKS A LOT

rocketero wrote:

@ Dany F BarnesMan, you are a life saver, just right on the money by enabling
23-Feb-10

@ Dany F Barnes
Man, you are a life saver, just right on the money by enabling Windows
Firewall through services.msc.

I saw this thread and people at the beginning like 2 and a half years
ago.

peace !

--
rocketero

On Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:18 PM
drewbydo wrote:

Vista - ICS error msg
hey guys, hoping somebody has an idea for this one. i've seen this issue
described pretty much exactly in one other post, but nobody replied to the
guy.
i have a computer running vista ultimate, connected to LAN/WAN via a
wireless connection to a router. the router and wireless adpater are setup to
establish an IP using DHCP. i also have an xbox 360 connected to the vista
machine via a crossover cable to the onboard network adapter. the 360 and
machine can communicate fine. i'm trying to enable ICS so the 360 can use the
internet connection, but i get skunked when go into the wireless properties
and tick the checkbox to "allow other users to connect" and click OK - the
error msg is "An error occurred while internet connection sharing was being
enabled." below that is "(null)", likely where an error code should be.

i had this working a few weeks ago and just recently tried jumping online
via my 360, but despite my best efforts it's a no-go. does anybody know the
services required to make ICS work in vista? i did change 2 services
recently, altho they were almost certainly not related to any network
functions windows uses. any help would be appreciated, thanks!

On Sunday, August 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Dam wrote:

Hi Drewby Doo, I have the same problem. Did you manage to resolve it at all?
Hi Drewby Doo,
I have the same problem. Did you manage to resolve it at all?
Any information would be very helpful

Cheers

D.

"drewby doo" wrote:

On Monday, August 27, 2007 11:56 PM
RodrigoPire wrote:

Hi guys, I'm also having the exactly same problem. Did you resolve that??
Hi guys, I am also having the exactly same problem. Did you resolve that??

Please let me know.

Thanks.

"Damo" wrote:

On Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:48 AM
admin wrote:

Vista - ICS error msg
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b14771033.mspx

On Sunday, October 28, 2007 8:24 AM
Bolt73 wrote:

Vista - ICS error msg
"admin" wrote:

Thanks for the instructions on how to click the "Share this connection box"
but on these systems that was already done. it is when the box is checked,
and the network is re-configuring itself, that this null error message occurs.

Bolt

On Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:33 AM
Mat wrote:

Anyone figure this out yet?
Anyone figure this out yet? I am having exactly the same trouble trying to
connect my 360 to my pc's internet connection

On Friday, February 08, 2008 12:24 AM
Nee wrote:

Same problem here...Hopefully someone has a fix.
Same problem here...Hopefully someone has a fix. Think it might have
something to do with a duplicate IP address (though i think all my devices
are set to find IP automatically) is it possible that it has something to do
with a device not on this ICS sharing, but still on the network?

"Bolt736" wrote:

On Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:24 PM
Danny F. Barne wrote:

FIXED THIS ISSUE ON MY MACHINE.Only after -hours- of tinkering.
FIXED THIS ISSUE ON MY MACHINE.

Only after -hours- of tinkering.

I was getting the "An erroc occurred when enabling internet connection
sharing. (null)" message also, when attempting to enable ICS on a Sprint
Mobile Broadband connection, to share with the XBOX 360 over ethernet.

I have Windows Live OneCare installed for firewall, virus, spyware
purposes... so, I had Windows Firewall disabled through services, since I am
using OneCare for firewall.

I enabled Windows Firewall, and stopped getting the error message. ICS is
working fine.

Sooo... a step to try, if you have Windows Firewall disabled through
services, enable it.

On Monday, March 10, 2008 1:44 PM
Mario Rozal? wrote:

Really fixed!!!
Really fixed!!!

just enable the forewall again and it will work perfectly

thx a lot

"Danny F. Barnes" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:37 AM
rocketero wrote:

@ Dany F BarnesMan, you are a life saver, just right on the money by enabling
@ Dany F Barnes
Man, you are a life saver, just right on the money by enabling Windows
Firewall through services.msc.

I saw this thread and people at the beginning like 2 and a half years
ago.

peace !

--
rocketero

Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ses-avail.aspx
Old May 28th 10, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Paul Sutton

admin wrote:

Vista - ICS error msg
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b14771033.mspx

On Sunday, October 28, 2007 8:24 AM
Bolt73 wrote:

Vista - ICS error msg

Old August 19th 10, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
josh magz

Default hi

hey Danny i tried that already and it still doesnt work.
any other suggestions?

On Friday, May 28, 2010 1:01 AM Paul Sutton wrote:

I have been pulling my hair out for days trying to get this to work and finally saw your solution and got it working straight away. THANKS A LOT

BizTalk: Parallel Processing with Correlation
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rrelation.aspx