Vista sound playback devices missing speaker

Old July 20th 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Victag

Default Vista sound playback devices missing speaker

I just bought a new PC and there is no sound coming out. If I go to
the sound icon in Control Panel, there is only an SPDIF playback
device showing, and no speaker option. I am not using the SPDIF port
on the soundcard, but have my speakers connected to the other plugs
(analog I think they are?) I have tried updating the driver with no
luck. Any suggestions?

Old July 20th 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

Try this. Right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, and choose
Playback Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot
of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up, right-click
Speakers to enable.

oups.com...

Old July 21st 07, 07:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BK12

After installing Vista Home Premium version i was and still am unable to hear
sound and every time i put my cursor over the speaker icon it says that there
is no Audio Output Device installed. I also tried what you have posted but it
seems that nothing is working. I'm thinking of bringing my computer in to get
it fixed but if you have any ideas of what to do it would be greatly
appreciated. Thank You.

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Try this. Right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, and choose
Playback Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot
of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up,
right-click Speakers to enable.

oups.com...

Old July 21st 07, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ringfinger

I have the same exact problem, except my PC had Vista when I bought it. The
sound worked for 3 months, I made no changes, then one day I get the same
error as BK12. I have tried everything to no avail, can anyone please help
as I hate to bring this in to Best Buy and pay them for a 2 second fix.
Please, please help us.

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Try this. Right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, and choose
Playback Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot
of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up,
right-click Speakers to enable.

oups.com...

Old July 21st 07, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Do you know what audio adapter your PC has?

Go to Control Panel Device Manager and look under Sound, video and game
controllers. Right click and select Properties.

Or go to your PC's or motherboard manufacturer's web site and look for updated
audio drivers or see if you can find the manufacturer of your audio adapter and
go to their site and download the latest Vista drivers.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Try this. Right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, and choose
Playback Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot
of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up,
right-click Speakers to enable.

oups.com...

Old July 21st 07, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BK12

Thank You for trying to help me Cal Bear '66 but that also does not help me.
Im now thinking that i should bring my laptop in to Best Buy to get fixed;
Thanks for the help.

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Try this. Right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, and choose
Playback Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot
of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up,
right-click Speakers to enable.

oups.com...

Old July 21st 07, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Marcus

Check out the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Try this. Right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, and choose
Playback Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot
of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up,
right-click Speakers to enable.

oups.com...

Old July 22nd 07, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

If you post your computer make and model name/number, perhaps someone can
help you find the Vista compatible sound driver that you need. Your speaker
icon is indicating that it's using perhaps just the Microsoft generic
driver, which is incomplete, and needs the sound driver specific to your
computer to work.

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Try this. Right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, and
choose
Playback Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an
empty spot
of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices"
and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up,
right-click Speakers to enable.

oups.com...