Vista - User Profile was not loaded correctly

Old November 29th 08, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
philapcrepair

Default Vista - User Profile was not loaded correctly

Thanks Samir.. that did it for me

--
philapcrepair
Old January 18th 09, 05:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ezi

Something that worked for me without deleting the profile.
1. Run chkdsk /r
2. Login to an admin account that works properly
3. Go to c:\users and delete all the temporary users
4. Restart
5. Login to your profile

Good luck!

Old May 9th 09, 08:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Angelz

I'm in desperate need of help. I've been trying to work on this for days
and have just recently starting getting somewhere thanks to this thread.

I inherited a 2nd hand laptop from my Mother's work. I erased ex-user's
name and I added a User profile under my name as Administrator. However,
Firefox starts giving me an error message about profile folder
directory. I managed to resolve that.

Once I resolved said problem above I started getting the "User Profile
Not Loading Properly" error message. I solved that, thanks to the steps
on this thread. So it seems that all is good, however, my wifi
connection started saying that I am connected to my wireless router but
the connectivity is limited. I'm unable to disconnect and reconnect even
when I've gone closer to the router. So I've got to restart. When that
happens and I'm downloading something using bittorrent any downloading
work in progress and even previously completed downloads disappear! So
I'm thinking that the whole "User Profile Not Loading Properly" isn't
completely fixed, after all if it is shouldn't it be saving previous
work?

Prior to this problem Bittorrent would automatically recommence where
it stopped downloading, but now whilst it has stopped asking me to
install Bittorrent at each restart it's still not saving what I'm
downloading.

I've followed the steps on this thread and the have gone to the
Registry and deleted all user names but the two I left there which is
mine and my Hubby's name. Hubby's being Administrator and we are going
to just use the Standard one. And there are three others named "system
profile", "system" and something else. I didn't think I should erase
those.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

--
Angelz
Old May 9th 09, 11:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Malke[_2_]

Angelz wrote:

[...]

You won't like it, but best practice on a used computer - obtained from
*anywhere* - is to clean install Windows. On a laptop, this usually means
restoring to factory condition.

Since this is a laptop, it may have a restore image on a partition. If there
were physical recovery disks, you should have received a set. If you
didn't, contact the laptop mftr.'s tech support and order a set. This is
usually very inexpensive.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old May 9th 09, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris[_8_]

"Angelz" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Angelz--

If you're able to surf the web, I wouldn't worry about the message that your
connection is limited. It's doing the job for you.

As to where Bit Torrent downloads, you can control that and it's not
downloading to a black whole, it's probably downloading to C:\downloads as a
default. It's saving what you download--you aren't looking where it's
saving to. If you go to Bit Torrent's toolbar OptionsPreferences you
have two boxes to type in where you want the downloads to end up:

Move downloads to
Move completed downloads to

Once you've made and chosen a download folder or chosen a download location
you already use, and put it in those two boxes, that's where they'll go.

You could make a folder on your data drive or on your C:\drive and call it
"downloads" or "bit torrent downloads" or "Angelz" downloads and type that
in the box.

Those other profiles are standard default profiles for Vista. They don't
have anything to do with where your torrent downloads are being placed.

If you want to change user profile location in Vista:
http://joshmouch.wordpress.com/2007/...tion-in-vista/

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/18...on-change.html

Best,

CH

Old May 11th 09, 08:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
jahid420[_2_]

Hi, I have an unusual problem for which I cannot find much help online.
I have a 250GB HDD with two partitions: one for WinXP and the other *.*

--
jahid420

'target marketing'
(http://www.marketbright.com/products...anagement.html)