Old April 15th 08, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pcmxa

Default 221KB/s throughput from external drive (firewire)

I know there are any number of posts about transfer speeds but I haven't
seen to many solutions so I thought I would put this out there.

I am getting transfer speeds in the range of 221KB/s from Lacie Porsche
external firewire to internal SATA. That's around 3-4 hours for a 4 gig
file. Funny thing is I can open that file into photoshop in around 4-10
minutes. I was wondering if any further solutions to the file transfer
issues had been found?

This is on a Quadcire (q6600) with 8 gigs of ram, Abit IP35 Pro
motherboard, lacie firewire external drive, WD internal sata drive (3 at
500GB each), running vista x64 home premium. The firewire driver is
texas intstruments.

Thanks

--
pcmxa