Old April 15th 08, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BadMouth[_5_]

Default ATIKMDAG.SYS

Just for the record folks: This DELL system is the first prebuilt system
I ever bought in my life, and if god willingness will be my last. I
always build my own systems, because I like to know what I have, but
since I am in a budget I had to either pick from buying a prebuilt
system, or build one from scratch. Since building a system would cost me
way over what I would pay for this crappy system, I decided to buy this
S@#%.
The first thing that went when I unpacked it was the operating system,
and the partitions. I like to install my own system; not having any crap
that I am not going to use is a waste.

As for the advice from ‘axmt’, about power management that is the first
place I go when I first install my systems. Yes, I have all set properly
for a desktop system.

Now for some results:
1. After my last post, my son and I ran the computer a total of 15hrs
straight,
from running programs to running the games. Result AOK.

2. Before I went to work, I enabled the multithreading feature, and ran
the
random image-creating program that I had made way back. This program
will
take 5 pictures that I have taken and will combine them into one then
save
the result into a file. I set the randomization to a total of 50, which
means it will create 50 images from several pictures before actually
saving
the image. Now this program is a total CPU pig, if anything is going to
happen
it is going to be with this program. Results FAILED.

3. After step 2, rebooted my system, ran Crysis. Results CRASH!

From the above results, we can say it is related to the following:
1. RAM
2. Monitor signal
3. Drivers

I am not upset with the results considering I am actually using the
drivers and the Control Center, with no constant crashes like I used to
get. I am very pleased with the results .

I am leaving the multithreading enabled and I am going to make more
changes, and will post the results later.

B.M

--
BadMouth