Wireless LAN USB Adapter

Old July 22nd 07, 11:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[shA]

Default Wireless LAN USB Adapter

Hi there,
I have a problem with Wi-Fi. At home we have Wi-Fi router and one of the our
PC doesnt have Wi-Fi adapter to PCI. So we have bought Adapter through USB,
but the problem is that Vista doesnt support drivers. What shall I do ?

http://www.micronet.com.tw/model_det...s_no=6&sno=459

Old July 22nd 07, 11:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob J

Go to manufacturer website and see if they have updated driver for your USB,
if so down load and install.
--
Regards
Bob J

Old July 22nd 07, 11:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer

Sometimes Windows Update will offer a generic driver or a driver for another
manufacturer's device using the same chipset which will work. The only way
to find out is to connect the PC to Windows Update with a wired connection
(or borrow a wireless adapter for which you have drivers) and see if any
drivers are offered for the device.

You could plug the device into one of your existing computers and see if
Windows Update offered any drivers for it.

Otherwise you will need to get a Vista compatible device.

?

http://www.micronet.com.tw/model_det...s_no=6&sno=459