Old December 14th 06, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
William

Default No STOP message - System Freeze then Hard Reset when accessing DVD drive?

I have flashed the firmware from the DELL site (NECND353_v104C.zip) to 104C

I dont get the problem anymore. However it is still worrying that there was
no STOP message and will it happen again?

Regards
William

"William" wrote in message
I am having an issue with Vista(6.0.6000) when i access my DVD drive with
my Dell system.

(Desktop Dimension 9150, with _NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A ATA Device)
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.0.6000.16386, 65.50 KB
(67,072 bytes), 02/11/2006 08:51)

The system will lock up (freeze) not responing to any mouse or keyboard
input, then eventually reset back to the BIOS.

The event viewer reports that The previous system shutdown at ....was
unexpected.

I do not get anyother further information, and i am a bit stuck on how to
diagnose and resolve this problem?

It worries me a bit that there is no STOP message.

Thanks
William