Sound

Old July 23rd 07, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
xlameohx

Default Sound

It say's that my sound card is enabled, and that it's working properly, but
when I run the mouse over the volume, it say's it's not running, and I have
no idea how to fix this problem to make it work.

Any suggestions?
Old July 23rd 07, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Do you mean that in Control Panel Device Manager Sound, video and game
controllers, the properties of your audio adapter show that the device is
working properly, but that the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the
Taskbar shows that no audio device is installed?

Do you know the manufacturer of your audio adapter? Have you downloaded and
installed the latest Vista drivers from the adapter manufacturer of the computer
or motherboard manufacturer?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old July 23rd 07, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
xlameohx

Yes sir.

I have installed and updated the latest drivers. They said they are all up
to date. But the sound still won't work for some reason.

RealTek HD Audio is the manufacturer of the audio adapter.

This is so confusing!

Old July 23rd 07, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

I can only suggest that you start over.

1. Download the latest Realtek drivers (ver. 1.71) and save to a folder on your
desktop from he

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

2. In Control Panel Device Manager Sound, video and game controllers, right
click the Realtek HD Audio adapter and select UNINSTALL. ***Check the box to
delete driver files.***

3. In Control Panel Programs and Features, right click the Realtek Audio
Manager and select UNINSTALL. Windows will install generic HD audio drivers.
Just to be sure, go back to Control Panel Device Manager Sound, video and
game controllers, and UNINSTALL the HD Audio entry.

4. REBOOT.

5. Right click the downloaded Realtek drivers, select Properties, press the
UNBLOCK button and the Apply button. Press OK.

6. Double click the Realtek driver file and let it run.

7. REBOOT

8. Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Playback Devices. Right click an empty area of the Playback window and
select both Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Highlight the
Speakers entry and use the Configure and the Properties buttons to set up your
speakers. While you are there, use the Sounds tab to test your speaker
playback.

9. Also, you can right click on the red Realtek HD Audio Manager speaker icon in
the Notification Area, and select Sound Manager to further tune your audio
preferences.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!