Old April 22nd 08, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Nikolay Shmakov

Default Works!

Microsoft has dramatically improved the utility and overall stability of System Restore utility. I went back in time to the point when Network Location was "Domain" & "Private" and there was no second managed network location domain.local 2 and then it all started working as the charm

I went through the list of the software I installed (after that checkpoint that worked). I found WinDVD software which comes with Visual C++ package (notSP1) which at least not officially compatible with Vista. That also brings the update for XML services from the memory. All together it buggered the whole thing. Will keep an eye on it.

Regards,

Nikolay Shmakov
MCTS, MCP