Old April 22nd 08, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
nikolay_shmakov

Default Unauthenticated Network?

Microsoft has dramatically improved the utility and overall stability of
System Restore utility. I went back in time to the point when Network
Location was "Domain" & "Private" and there was no second managed
network location domain.local 2 and then it all started working as the
charm
I went through the list of the software I installed (after that
checkpoint that worked). I found WinDVD software which comes with Visual
C++ package (notSP1) which at least not officially compatible with
Vista. That also brings the update for XML services from the memory. All
together it buggered the whole thing. Will keep an eye on it.

Regards,
Nikolay Shmakov
MCTS, MCP

PS It was also QuickTime installed at the same time. However, I don't
think it affected it

--
nikolay_shmakov