This operation requires an interactive window station

Old July 25th 07, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guru

Default This operation requires an interactive window station

Hello,
I am trying to install my Lexmark scanner and I get the error message saying
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it." "This operation requires an interactive window
station".

If anyone can help with this it would be great because there are forums all
over the internet with people that have this problem and no solution.

Guru
Old July 25th 07, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Are these Vista specific drivers, or XP drivers?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old July 25th 07, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Guru,

Also, here is a new fix that just came out for your consideration:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3b936003

I don't know whether this fix is applicable to your situation, but you never
know until you try it.

--
freddy

Old July 26th 07, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wayne Wastier

"Guru" wrote in message
Hello,
I am trying to install my Lexmark scanner and I get the error message
saying
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
while
attempting to install it." "This operation requires an interactive window
station".

If anyone can help with this it would be great because there are forums
all
over the internet with people that have this problem and no solution.

Guru

Have you tried using Alt-tab to see if there is a hidden dialog box that you
need to make a selection on?

Old April 3rd 08, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sheitmar

Hi there - first, I apologize for bringing up an old thread - but I
haven't yet found a solution to this problem. I actually found out
something that worked for me, so I thought I would share.

I recently installed Comodo Firewall with Defense+. It seems that the
Defense+ was interfering from installing my USB Mouse, where I would get
the "This operation requires an interactive window station." I disabled
Defense+, tried it again, and was able to have the mouse install
properly.

So if you are using a program that might be preventing a proper
installation, I would say shut down all programs and try my suggestion
out. I don't know if SpyBot Search and Destroy would give the same
problems (I think it was the Teacup portion of that? Something like
that), but it's possible.

--
sheitmar