Old April 26th 08, 12:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alex

Default upgrade to 64 bit

"guitardude" wrote:

Thanks for the good advice. It is much appreciated. I enjoyed getting to
talk with someone in the field that I want to go into :-)
Best wishes,
guitardude

"Richard G. Harper" wrote in message
If you crack the case to install a new processor you will pretty much toss
the warranty out the window. So no, I would suspect it's not something
you're going to be doing.

Me, I'm an IT network/systems engineer and I wouldn't do it. :-)

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"guitardude" wrote in message
I am a student in a Computer Electronics class right now and I have been
for two years. I work on desktops day in and day out. I just don't fully
understand yet everything that is associated with processors, and I
haven't done any work on laptops. I guess the way that I really should
have worded the question is "Is it possible to upgrade the processor
without voiding the warranty of the laptop (in most situations)?"
I am a pretty technical person, just not with laptops. Thanks for your
help, and by the way, that was a pretty good assumption :-)