drivers for my laptop

Old July 26th 07, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian

Default drivers for my laptop

ok here i go

i had windows vista on a new dell laptop and i formated it with windows xp

i cant find my audio driver anywhere for xp could anyone help me

plus i cant find my wireless driver if anyone could find these for me or
tell me where to get them i would really apreciate it

wireless driver is for
intelJ3945 802.11a/g mini card

audio driver is for
intergrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software edition

thx alot in advance for all the help
Old July 26th 07, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Contact Dell support for assistance: http://support.dell.com/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----

Old July 26th 07, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian

i tryed that but u must not know dell :-| they wont help if i dont have the
vista in it since they sold it to me with vista

Old July 27th 07, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Christian,

I don't know for certain, but:

For the intelJ3945 802.11a/g mini card, try the intel website. If that
fails, you can always buy a PCMCIA or a USB card that works with WinXP.

For the integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software edition, try the
Creative website. If anyone has drivers, I'd think they would. Again, if
you can't find drivers, you can always get a PCMCIA sound card, or even a USB
sound card, I would think.

Just some ideas.
--
freddy

Old July 27th 07, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Short of some really involved detective work, I think the phrase about
creeks and paddles is going to be invoked here shortly.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

Old July 27th 07, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

As to your network card, try starting he

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...=2259&lang=eng

As to your sound card, start he

http://www.soundblaster.com/language...port/downloads

"freddy" wrote in message
Christian,

I don't know for certain, but:

For the intelJ3945 802.11a/g mini card, try the intel website. If that
fails, you can always buy a PCMCIA or a USB card that works with WinXP.

For the integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software edition, try the
Creative website. If anyone has drivers, I'd think they would. Again, if
As to your Net jj

Old July 27th 07, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

Go directly to the manufacturer's web sites for drivers. Intel has a great
site. Also if you can find similar hardware devices in other mfg's boards,
grab drivers from their sites. Shame on Dell for not making it easy.

Old July 27th 07, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Have you checked Dells website on your specific model laptop?
It is usually easy to find the drivers if they exist:
http://support.dell.com/support/down...555&l=en&s=biz

However some newer computers may not be supported in XP so there may
be no or limited drivers.

It does not matter if they know you or not, drivers are available for
everyone.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old July 27th 07, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob Knowlden

You might get better results if you posted your Dell model.

You might get even better results if you went to the Dell forums:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/

It's unlikely that you're the first person who wishes to convert a Vista
laptop to XP. Dell support may be unhelpful not because they sold you the
laptop with Vista, but because they don't sell the laptop with XP. They
don't support configurations that they don't sell. (Dell uses support
scripts, and unskilled labor.)

I believe that the "integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software edition" is
a set of software that emulates Audigy features on non-Creative hardware.
See, for example,

http://www.dellcommunity.com/support... =en&cs=&s=gen

(link may wrap). There are drivers available for download from Dell, but
they may only support updating older versions.

http://support.us.dell.com/support/d...&fileid=153776

http://support.us.dell.com/support/d...&fileid=169315

These drivers may work for your 3945 card:

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&os=WW1&osl=EN

Good luck.

Return address scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.