Vista Banter

-   -   Plantronics headset/mic not working (http://www.vistabanter.com/61918-plantronics-headset-mic-not-working.html)

Chris July 27th 07 06:26 AM

Plantronics headset/mic not working

Have a new Plantronics headset/mic and the mic is not working. when i first
started using the headset, i would plug the mic into the mic jack and Vista
would ask me what to do with it. I'd select "Mic" and it would work fine.
Now when i plug it in, the headphones work fine but the mic doesn't. Also,
Vista does not do what i described above. Is there a way to go search for
what's plugged into the mic jack? Any other suggestions? Thanks a ton!

-C

freddy July 27th 07 11:38 AM

Plantronics headset/mic not working

Chris,

The following procedure may apply: Right-click the Sound icon in the
notification area (right bottom of screen), and choose Recording Devices. On
the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot of the window, and put
a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
From there, if Microphone shows up, right-click it to enable. You can also
perform this procedure in Control Panel Sound.
--
freddy