Vista Banter

-   -   Intel 950GMA drivers in RC1 ?? (http://www.vistabanter.com/6242-re-intel-950gma-drivers-rc1.html)

wgd August 27th 06 08:29 PM

Intel 950GMA drivers in RC1 ??

In article ,
says...
Hi,

Did any one hear about it? Do you know if Vista RC1 will have native drivers
for this integrated graphics? I just spend 45 minutes playing hide and seek
with "Desktop Properties" to make "Intel Lakepod driver" change my
resolution back to maximum, so I can see anything on the screen. Even
starting computer in low resolution (640x480) was giving me nice square on
the center of the screen. Now You know... I'm desperate ;-D

Vista Beta 2 contained native driver support for the Intel GMA 950
integrated graphics controller. The driver (Lakeport?) worked well and
supported the Aero Glass UI with decent performance.

I would expect that Vista RC1 will have equivalent driver support for the
Intel GMA 950. However, since RC1 is not yet available the extent of
native driver support is still an unknown.