vista and dual video cards tri monitor

Old August 29th 06, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ryuujin

Default vista and dual video cards tri monitor

i use a agp ati 9600 and a ati 9250 pci card in my pc. unfortunatly they
don't work together in windows vista. either one is disabled or enabled
depending on the setting for primary video in bios. i use 3 monitors for my
work but i need to learn this os to train others..

any ideas on when these problems will be fixed?
Old October 15th 06, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Marc

I too am running a tri-monitor setup. I ahve a AGP ATI Radeon X800 and a PCI
GeForce2 MX. It used to work great in XP but now Vista is not able to get my
PCI grahpics card working. It recognizes the card but says there is an error
when I look at the windows "hardware devices" panel.

Will there be a fix by the time windows vista is released?? Otherwise Im in
for a lot of inconvenience too!

Old October 15th 06, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ryuujin

i got 3 monitors working by keeping my 9250 in the pci slot and removing my
agp and i have an intel motherboard that has onboard video and all 3
activated in vista. bummers though it runns real slow.

Old January 7th 07, 08:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Time

Hi. Have you resolve your problem?
It you have, please say me how?

Old January 7th 07, 12:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

The ATI 9250 is not up to spec for Vista, so doesn't support all the
graphics, and may be incompatible with running multimonitors in Vista. Quite
often, with this configuration, the pci card has to be set to initialize
first in the system BIOS, and should NOT be in the slot next to the AGP
card.

Some details on your precise configuration and hardware may be helpful.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old January 9th 07, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Time

Hi, "Rick Rogers". At first thank you for help.
My precise configuration and hardware is:
Computer hp workstation xw 8200.
First video card (AGP or PCI-E): FileGL V5100 ATI
Second video card very very old PCI card: Cirrus Logic GD-546X

in BIOS I can choose which adapter turn on boot. There two options:
1) Cirrus VGA controller
2) ATI VGA controller.

If I choose first option then in Win Vista don't turn on ATI card, and vice
versa.

On my XP system if I choose first option in BIOS then when Win is loaded ATI
card turn on, but if I choose second option then PCI card will not start.

On my Vista system for PCI card is used driver: Standard VGA grafic adapter.
For AGP it use FireGL V5100 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM).

Thanks for help!