Vista Banter

-   -   SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem Driver (http://www.vistabanter.com/6262-re-speedtouch-330-usb-adsl-modem-driver.html)

kamesh192 August 29th 06 08:20 PM

SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem Driver

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

I had replied to this one, but it seems to have diappeared.

My speedtouch 330 is running fine on Vista, even using the older drivers
supplied from my ISP's CD.

Do you have a network card on your PC? If so has Vista recognised it.?

I had a similar where i could install the speedtouch software but then it
would freeze as it installed the speedtouch network drivers. Upon checking
in device manager i noticed that my network card hadn't been recognised by
Vista so was not installed. I then pointed the new hardware wizard to the
location of the network card drivers and the network crad was installed.
Finally i re-installed the speedtouch software, created an internet
connection and everything was fine.

When or if you get the speedtouch working i'd be interested to know if you
are forced to create a new internet connection every time you re-start your
pc. This is my current problem -something microsoft cannot reproduce,
apparently. Everytime i re-start vista i have to create a brand new internet
connection as the old one will not connect. It is also impossible to connect
after hibernation or sleep. A full reboot is required and a new internet
connection needs to be created. Maybe this is a problem peculiar to
Speedtouch ADSL modems?

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this mail is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this mail..

"Jcarlos11" wrote in message
I'm having a lot of problems trying to install my SpeedTouch modem. No
driver's will work. Can anyone please help me?