Old May 9th 08, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Aaron

Default The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

I don't think it is how my email and password is formatted. When I initially
start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... everything
is dandy. After about 5 mins of leaving it open, a dialog pops up telling me
my credentials are wrong. If I wait for a wile before hitting ok, then cancel
(two separate dialogs)it will go away and let me do more email for a while...

" wrote:

Some email servers insist that you enter your username with no spaces
and no CAPITAL LETTERS. Some insist that you follow it with the
part of your email address starting with @, and some insist that you
don't. Many insist that you use CAPITAL and lowercase letters in
the correct places in your password. Many give unclear error messages
about what the problems are if you don't follow these rules.

"Aaron" wrote in message
I am having this same issue it makes me want to scream.

"frustr8edw/microsoft" wrote:

Ok, really frustrated. I've got two emails, both gmail accounts. When I
first
set them up everything worked perfect. I know that I have the right port
numbers as directed by gmail, I also know that I have my user name and
password entered correctly. When I open my windows mail it will work just
fine at first, but after having it open for a short time I get these
error
messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. Please
verify
that your username and
password are correct" . When it gives me the box to put the information
in I
know that I put it in correctly, but the same error pops up over and
over.
I'm sure it has to be something with the way it's working with IMAP or
something because I never had this issue with outlook and my pop mail
accounts. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Should I
go
back to Mozilla's thunderbird email? Would that be able to handle the
IMAP
better? Vista issue maybe? Anyways thanks in advance for any help or
suggestions.
--
The biggest company got there by stealing the smaller software's ideas
and