Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth

Old August 30th 06, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Default Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth

I find it amazing that Mictosoft don't support there own products in Vista
Beta. Bad enough having to jump through hoops just to get the above to
work in the first place.
The latest build 5536 now doesn't give you the option to install the above
without a passkey. So, due to the fact that MSFT Bluetooth can't use a
passkey in both XP and Vista at the same time, I have to either reinstall
every time I switch OS's or use my PS/2 keyboard.
I know not using passkeys is unsafe, but at least it made life a bit easier.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old August 30th 06, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

I have their MS Bluetooth Explorer collecting dust, and as a matter of fact
their own manual tells you that you cannot use a passkey with the device.
Make sure you leave feedback for this problem in the proper place, which is
not here.

In the end I don't like bluetooth devices since as you know that you can't
install them without a another device of the type installed first, at least
you need a normal keyboard to try to get around on the system to install a
bluetooth device.

In the end Logitech rf devices are superior, and comply with legacy
connection requirements also so your not forced to install multiple
keyboards since your bluetooth will not be active until windows is loaded,
that means you can't even use it for the windows boot loader...

Old August 30th 06, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Thanks. I did file a problem report. In fact 3, as I found different
problems at different stages, so hopefully at least one will sink in.
Thanks for tip Logitech rf.
--
Peter
Toronto, Canada