Vista Banter

-   -   problem with 5.1 sound (http://www.vistabanter.com/6276-problem-5-1-sound.html)

Sam F August 30th 06 03:42 PM

problem with 5.1 sound

I've just installed vista 5536 onto my PC which has an ASUS p5nd2 motherboard
with an onboard realtec AC97 sound card. For some reason i don't get any
sound through my rear speakers, even when i set the configuration to 5.1
speakers it doesn't work. I've installed the latest realtec vista BETA
driver, and also the ones with my motherboard, but no luck....
Anyone have any clue whats wrong???
It's kind of annoying cause music is the main thing i use my pc for..
Its definetly a problem with the vista cause it works fine when i use XP
I know this has been posted many times before but i don't think anyone has
recently or come up with a solution that worked....
Thanks for any help you can give.
Sam