Old May 13th 08, 10:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
skibuz

Default Create new partition of existing C: drive Vista

I am attempting to create a new partition to store pictures. I have created
the unallocated space (reducing the space on my C: drive). When I complete
the drive wizard to assign the drive letter to the partition, I get the
following error:

You cannot create a new volume in this unallocated space because the disk
already contains the maximum number of partitions.

Fairly new Dell Inspiron 1525
Vista
C: 98GB
D: 9.77GB Recovery
Primary 39GB
Primary 2.5GB

Unassigned 40GB that I am trying to assign to a drive letter.

The 2 primary unassigned drives came with the computer. I did not create
them.

I was trying to create a new partition with
40GB that I took from my C: drive that originally had 140 GB. I got the
above error when I used the wizard to assign a drive letter to the new
partition.

Thank you for your help!