Vista Banter

-   -   vista 5536 don't see my full memory size (http://www.vistabanter.com/6301-vista-5536-dont-see-my-full-memory-size.html)

geo85706 September 1st 06 12:44 AM

vista 5536 don't see my full memory size

in installed 5536 and the first thing i saw was that i missing a whole gig of
memory. vista beta 2 sees the 4 gig but not 5536, is this normal or what.
--
geo

Kerry Brown September 1st 06 05:27 AM

vista 5536 don't see my full memory size

5536 is 32 bit. Were you using a 64 bit version before? With a 32 bit OS you
are limited to 4 GB and the motherboard reserves some of it for I/O.

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rob Mallicoat September 1st 06 05:57 AM

vista 5536 don't see my full memory size

The last 512mb is reserved for legacy #@%@#%@

It is a 32bit thing... try installing teh 64bit build and it sees all...

geo85706 September 1st 06 01:04 PM

vista 5536 don't see my full memory size

I used both 32 bits and 64 bits beta 2 and they both saw the 4 gigs. that why
i can not understand why 5536 does not.
--
geo