Vista Banter

-   -   Need Help with Windows Mobile Device Center (http://www.vistabanter.com/6305-re-need-help-windows-mobile-device-center.html)

Toastie September 1st 06 12:25 PM

Need Help with Windows Mobile Device Center

Hi,

Yeah i have the same issue using a TyTN.

When i run the mobile device center it just shows the connection preferences
screen.

In my last Beta 2, when i connected my TyTN i got a Mobile device center
launch screen etc. Now, on 5536, i don't get that at all. Everything is
connected though, i can see my device in My Computer - however no way to sync
it.

Please help MS!

ptm

"Corey" wrote:

I have a problem with the Windows Mobile Device Center, it doesn't detect
when you insert the handheld device in the cradle. I have double check the
connection, check the device manager, and even tried to initialized by mean
of launching it from the excutable file which can be found
c:\winodws\windowsmobie. Does anyone have this same problem and can give me
an alternative solution.

Corey September 1st 06 04:47 PM

Need Help with Windows Mobile Device Center

You can try to access the program to Windows Explorer or Run Command ( using
windows explorer: c:\windows\windowsmobile…locate the file named “wmdc.exe”
or type from the run command c:\windows\windowsmobile to open the file.)
This should execute the file and try to synchronized your handheld device
again.

Let me know what happens.

Gerhard September 1st 06 09:19 PM

Need Help with Windows Mobile Device Center

When I Run Command using windows explorer: c:\windows\windowsmobile…locate
the file named “wmdc.exe” , it does not show up.
Do I have to install it first? How?

I try to sync an Axim30 (windows mobile 2003se) with a vista (tm) pre-rc1,
build 5536, but fail.
TIA Gerhard