NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600 - Only Get Black Screen

Old September 1st 06, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BobstaB

Default NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600 - Only Get Black Screen

My Machine Spec Is As Follows:

HP Pavillion dv8000t
2GHZ Intel Centrino Duo
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600

I have a dual boot of Windows XP Pro SP2 on C:, and Windows Vista Beta 2
Build 5384 on D:

Every time I try to boot Windows Vista normally, all I get is a black
screen, I can see the hard drive light churning away but no screen.

The only way I have been able to get Vista to boot, is by using the advanced
boot options, and either selecting safe mode, or choosing last known good
configuration.

When I boot in Last Known Good Configuration, it boots into 800X600, i can
then change right up to 1680x1050 res. When I look at the drivers, I can see
that it recognises my display adapter as NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 (Microsoft
Corporation - WDDM) and the date of the driver is 27th April 2006.

I can use Aero and 3D Flip etc, but what bugs me is that I have to keep
booting using last known good configuration, and have to reset the screen res
every time, and try and install all the unknown devices again.

Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this? I have tried to install the
88.61 driver from Nvidia which is dated 23rd May 2006, but it says the driver
is not compatible with my hardware. Please help, I could really do with
trying to resolve this.

Regards
Bob
Old September 1st 06, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dark54555

I had a similar problem with my 6600GT. It seems the 88.61 Forceware is
compatible with Beta 2 but not Pre-RC1. I booted into safe mode, rolled back
the driver, rebooted and all has been well using the MS driver.

I suppose we're stuck waiting for a new file from nVidia.

--dark54555