Old May 16th 08, 04:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
propman

Default How to initialize new HDD? Not found anywhere (as admin).

Gerald Abrahamson wrote in
:

Here's a URL you might want to check out concerning initializing and
resizing partitions in Vista:

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show...47&mode=linear

Finally found it whew !!.

Good to hear...... :-)

The new drive is shown in two parts on a single line--not
one part.

In order to Initialize, you have to right-click on the
left-most block (Disk 0, Disk 1, etc)---NOT the area to the
right of that left-most square block (where I was clicking).

Seems to be a common point of confusion from what I had been reading!