virus scanners

Old September 2nd 06, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim

Default virus scanners

Does anyone know if AVG virus scanner is compatable with vista, build 5536.
Thanks

Old September 2nd 06, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hilmar

the pro version is not compatible (it actually caused the OS to reboot upon
install). the free version is working.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

have not found any other that will work so far.

good luck

Old September 2nd 06, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
William

The free version is compatible with 5536. I am running it now on 5536 without a problem.

William

Old September 2nd 06, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Barnes

Are you sure it is actually working. After thinking one was working years
ago, I have taken to keeping a live virus on a floppy, but you can also use
the universal test virus, just to make sure, especially after any error
messages installing it.

Old September 2nd 06, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vbritt

I am also running the free version on build 5384. You have to download the
latest version of Free AVG. I installed it after being current on all of the
vista updates but I don't know if that is necessary or not.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim

Default virus scanners-thanks

Thanks for the replys and info. Think I'll give it a try. Trial version of
F-prot seems to be giving trouble, on my machine anyway. Thanks again

Old September 4th 06, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
markus

Microsoft is showing this Trend Micro version available for vista as a 90 day
free trial
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...istabeta2.mspx