Assembling my own DVD Duplicator

Old September 4th 06, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,microsoft.public.mshardware.product,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Super_Geek

Default Assembling my own DVD Duplicator

I would just get a large server case with 10+ 5.25" drive bays and a large
motherboard with atleast 5 PCI slots, get 5 PCI or SATA bus controller cards
with two busses each, plug them all in, plug the 10 drives into the 5
controllers, and then boot up with a startup program as NERO so it is kinda
like a dedicated burner. You might even be able to get a custom OS that is
JUST for what you are doing, I know you can get Network Drive Operating
Systems, probably copiers too.

"Glen" wrote:

JoJo wrote in message ...
Glen:

Is there a particular VENDOR(s) you prefer to work with to assemble your DVD
Duplicator ?

Your original post said you want to assemble it yourself. So if by
vendor you mean for drives, controllers, enclosures etc, I've had
very good luck with Newegg. For drives my favorite two brands
are BenQ and NEC.

"Glen" wrote in message
JoJo wrote in message ...
Folks:

I would like to build/assemble my own DVD Duplicator. Looking to build a
system (10 separate DVD drives) that integrates well within a computer
network. I want to buy the: case, copy controller, DVD drives, etc and
just
put this system together at a moderate price.

Appreciate any advice, experiences, or references (vendors & general
information) to help successfully complete this project.

There's a wide range of solutions for this today. You can
go with USB2.0, SATA, or IDE/UDMA with multiple
controllers. Then you'll need Nero, OneClick or other
decent burning software that can do 1-to-multiple drive
recording.