Hi I Have a nvidia 6600 256mb card I was wondering if anyone was able to
get it to boot in Vista RC-1 with aero glass interface in normal windows
mode with the lastest nvidia 93 series drivers ?

John Doe September 6th 06 04:57 PM

Does anyone know if The Nvidia 6600 series choips work now?

Don't know about the 6600, but my 128 MB 6200 AGP card works fine with Aero
with the default driver Vista Pre-RC1 installed. However, when I try out
the latest driver (96.33), it refuses to run Aero, claiming I don't have
enough memory, so I rolled back to the default 95.64 drivers Vista Pre-RC1
installed.

Greatwhite September 7th 06 04:38 PM

Does anyone know if The Nvidia 6600 series choips work now?

If I am not mistaken the 6600 w128 meg is below the minimum for the areo
display. After using the 93.xx drivers from NVidia, I removed them and
reinstalled the MDM ones that came with RC1.
I have an ASUS 6600GT 2556 meg and have had No problems with any of the
builds thus far

Glenn

John Doe September 7th 06 07:58 PM

Does anyone know if The Nvidia 6600 series choips work now?

Incorrect. See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/capable.mspx
All Aero requires is a video card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support, and 128 MB
dedicated video memory, or if the video card uses shared memory, then it
needs 1 GB system memory.

Len Mattix September 9th 06 06:38 AM

Does anyone know if The Nvidia 6600 series choips work now?

Have an MSI 6600GT with 128MB or video RAM and it worked fine with Aero in
both Beta 2 and now in RCI. It doesn't score real well in the in the system
rating because of the 128MB must want 256 to get a score out of the low
4's. I am using the supplied Vista drivers for the card at this time but
used Nvidia drivers under Beta 2.

FWIW,
Len