Vista with an HP5pse SCSI scanner

Old August 6th 07, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Default Vista with an HP5pse SCSI scanner

I do not want to work over the network for the scanner. However, at
present it works fine under XP so it stays on the XP box until we can
get it to work under Vista.

Thanks for the help.

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:48:13 -0400, huwyngr
wrote:

In article , wrote:

The scanner is connected to my XP system not the Vista system,*
The scanners and cameras box in Control Panel is empty,

Very few scanners work over a network so you re probably behind the 8
ball there.

I only know how to make it work direct in XP or direct in VISTA.

Old August 6th 07, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

The Windows Image Acquisition is set for manual and not started.

Now for removing the two Icons you indicate must be removed from the
control panel. If I delete the cpl files that should do it??

Thanks once more,

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:48:13 -0400, huwyngr
wrote:

In article , wrote:

Do you mean the main icon for HP Scanners and the main icon for
Scanners and Cameras? *

Yes -- and any HP software must be uninstalled.

You may want to play safe by disabling Administrative Tools / Services
/ Windows Image Acquisition (I thinnk that is where it is but I'm not
in VISTA at the moment) at least until you have the scanner working.

Hope it works for you -- please let us know. If it does not then I
won't be able to help for a few days since I'll be off-line.

Old August 6th 07, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cal Bear '66

Removing the scanner software from Control Panel Programs and Features should
remove the .cpl files.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

news

Old August 6th 07, 07:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

I looked in the Control Panel and both icons are still there. The HP
Scanjet icon and Cameras and Scanners icon i tried to locate in
System32 folder with the cpl extension but no luck. Any ideas.

Old August 6th 07, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cal Bear '66

Scanners and Cameras is an integral part of Control Panel and you cannot remove
it. Where do you see the HP scanner icon?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"huwyngr" wrote in message
.. .

Old August 6th 07, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

The HP Scanners follows the Game Controllers icon. This was probably
put there when I installed the Deskscan v2.9. I was told to uninstall
it and await instructions on how to get my old scanner to work on my
Vista box.

The message when you open the icon is no scanners installed.

Old August 6th 07, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cal Bear '66

And you have uninstalled EVERYTHING related to your HP scanner in Control Panel
Programs and Features? (A reboot might help.)

Does the scanner have anything in Control Panel (Classic view) Device Manager
(Menu [ALT if not visible] View, check Show hidden devices?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 6th 07, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

When you look in device manager and check hidden devices nothing
appears.

When you click on the HP icon in the control pannel it says no scanner
installed. When you click on scsi device it is blank and only
indicates which connections are available. There is no scsi card
showing only when you push the down arrow do you see the miscrsoft
scsi initiator.

Suggestions?

Old August 9th 07, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

I know -- as for the other folder it should have read IN not FOR.

Old August 9th 07, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

In article , wrote:

I do not want to work over the network for the scanner.

Good!

If you get cleaned up and do what I did then it should work as it does
for me. But each step is important.

Note a correction in what I posted earlier -- it should have said IN
not FOR when referring to Fax and Scan.