Vista with an HP5pse SCSI scanner

Old August 9th 07, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Default Vista with an HP5pse SCSI scanner

Just DELETE the icons in the folder.

Old August 10th 07, 01:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Hugh,

I have been trying to delete the HP Scanjet Scanners icon in the
control panel since we last corresponded. No success yet. I have
searched the registry and deleted the only entry for HP Scanners but
the icon remains. I have done a search of the computer for files that
could be the equivalent of cpl from Windows XP, again no success.

Do you know the name of the file I should be looking for?

oldman

Old August 10th 07, 01:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Hugh,

Not sure what you mean with the line below:

"I know -- as for the other folder it should have read IN not FOR"

Old August 10th 07, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Hugh,

I have another question for you. On my Windows XP box I have the HP
5pse scanner. I am currently using Paperport for scanning. Paperport
uses WIA Hewlett-Packard Scanjet 5p #2 off of my LSI SCSI card. When
try to use the driver TWAIN Scanjet II 2.9 Rev 2.3 the test process
fails.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem since you indicated you use the
Scanjet 2.9 driver with XP.

Thanks

oldman

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:48:13 -0400, huwyngr
wrote:

In article , wrote:

The scanner is connected to my XP system not the Vista system,*
The scanners and cameras box in Control Panel is empty,

Very few scanners work over a network so you re probably behind the 8
ball there.

I only know how to make it work direct in XP or direct in VISTA.

Old August 11th 07, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
oldman

Hugh,

I will respond to each of your posts to my posts.

Tried the use the delete key. It will not work. also tried to drag
to the recycle bin and that does not work either.

oldgrey

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:42:00 -0400, huwyngr
wrote:

Try doing it literally -- highlight the icon and hit the DELETE key

Old August 11th 07, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
oldman

This does not work either.. Tried.

Oldgrey

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:42:01 -0400, huwyngr
wrote:

Don't try to delete the folder which I think you said you were trying
to do. Delete the icon within the folder like you would delete anything
else -- a file, an image a shortcut icon on the desktop:

Just highlight it and hit the DELETE key and then Yes/OK your way out.

Old August 11th 07, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Try doing it literally -- highlight the icon and hit the DELETE key

Old August 11th 07, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

I gave up using Paperport ages ago but I still use a later version of
OmniPage -- version 14 I think.

Where are you coming from on this -- just trying to add Deskscan 2.9 to
a machine that works with Paperport?

WIA (which does not work under VISTA as it did under XP hence your
problems in getting the scanner working) is a communication protocol,
as I understand it, and so is TWAIN, so both should not be tried at the
same time.

What you can try to see if it helps is to disable WIA which I think I
already indicated how to do. Administrative tools / Services / Find
Window Image Acquisition (WIA) and double click on it and change to
Disabled in the drop list.

Then reboot and see what happens.

I am under the impression that once you get the scanner working you can
re-enable WIA since I see that my VISTA that I am in now has WIA on
Automatic again.

As I said earlier, for me when I get Deskscan working under XP and
under VISTA it adds Scan to or Acquire image to MS WORD and to
Irfanview which are two programs that I use and know what happens to. I
don't any longer know how Paperport works but someone here may know or
you could ask them?

PS A quick look at their support pages indicates that their remedy for
one WIA problem they mention (but with WIndows ME) is to use the
"Official TWAIN driver for the scanner" .....

Old August 12th 07, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Hugh,

Followed your instructions to the letter. No change in results. The
only scan choice is Deskscan 2.9. Disable WIA, rebooted, enabled WIA
but no WIA selection available.

Looks like this is not going to work under Vista.

oldman