Ati RC1 drivers

Old September 4th 06, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mittelk

Default Ati RC1 drivers

I have an Ati X800XL card in my system and everytime I go to install the RC1
drivers from Ati my display goes unreadable. Once I restore back to vista
driver it works fine. Anyone else with the problem or with a suggestion. Thx
Old September 4th 06, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Techno-Crat

Check your hardware device manager
Im using the same card and have no issues
Asus P4c800e-Dlx mobo Clean install

Old September 5th 06, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vanja Lolz

I had the same problem - i think its an LCD issue. Basically to fix it i
plugged in the analog connection and digital (with analog as primary).

Then i installed my monitor driver/inf for my digital connection and edited
3 options in the ATI catalyst control panel:
(under digital panel properties-attributes)
* untick reduce dvi frequency
* untick alternate dvi operational mode
* Select 'use centered timings'

Not sure which of these fixed it though. Which monitor are you using? I've
got a vx2025wm.
Hope a more accurate solution can be found. I didn't have this problem in
beta 2, but both ati vista drivers (beta2 and rc1) give me this problem in
pre-rc1 5536

Old September 5th 06, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mittelk

I have an old KDS Avitron crt hooked up, it worked fine with all the previous
builds and with Win XP. I don't get far enough to adjust anything else, there
are others getting BSOD's after installing them so it may be a driver bug to
certain configs.

Old September 5th 06, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mittelk

Further to my last post it has to be a build problem cause I just installed
build5536 and the drivers worked.