Vista Banter

-   -   Acer Travelmate 8104WLMi - filesystem corruption (http://www.vistabanter.com/6381-acer-travelmate-8104wlmi-filesystem-corruption.html)

Michael September 6th 06 09:43 AM

Acer Travelmate 8104WLMi - filesystem corruption

Hello,

I have a 5-months old Acer Tarvelmate 8104WLMi that's always been running
Windows XP flawlessly. But each time I try a new Vista release (Beta 1, Beta
2, Pre-RC1) the filesystem of the Vista NTFS partition gets corrupted after a
few hours of use.

Anybody knows of that kind of failure? Could it be driver-related?

DETAILS
I discovered it when IE7 refused to save any new file in my Documents
folder. A checkdisk corrected thousands of corrupted indexes, among other
things.
Now I've tried Pre-RC1 and at the 4th boot, BLUE SCREEN "MFT corrupted" or
so. After a checkdisk, this error disappeared - now it's a "fatal system
error", in Safe and Normal modes.

Thanks for your help